Home Uncategorized 2012 ford edge life expectancy

2012 ford edge life expectancy

Ford's number for this recall is 14S10. Ford Edge Reliability And Durability: Pros Year Body/Powertrain Comment 2007 4dr SUV 265-horsepower 3.5L V6 6-speed automatic AWD Overall Ford reliability, although a new model, read lots on their QA/QC work to get this vehicle just right full 2007 Ford Edge review Ford added a second engine choice to the Edge lineup for 2011, a 240-hp turbocharged four-cylinder. Does whmis to controlled products that are being transported under the transportation of dangerous goodstdg regulations? After 3 or 4 telephone calls plus the dealership told Ford we regularly use Ford maintenance. Had repair done at private repair shop(not dealer)", "High pressure hose from pump to rack leaking, had replaced", "PS line from fluid reservoir on front of dash to PS rack and pinion started leaking. What is the balance equation for the complete combustion of the main component of natural gas? Repaired under warranty (extended)", "The brakes would go down when I pressed them, especially the first time of the day. The fuel line pulse damper metal housing may crack as a result of an improper manufacturing process. Power or manual windows, locks and latches, tailgate, hatch or trunk, doors or sliding doors, mirrors, seat controls, safety belts, sunroof, convertible top. All other problems (screen, gps) tie into the fact that sync my ride does not work, requiring constant trips to dealer. Indicated Oil problem when there was no oil problem. I had to pay for it. 2006 :ford: F250 Crew Cab Long Bed 6.0 TurboDiesel FX 4 Diesel Site Coolant Filter, Edge Insight CTS, BPD FICM 48v, Metal CAC Tube, Blue Spring,Sinister Diesel EGR Delete w/ Up Pipe, Riff Raff Boots, MBRP 6212-409 Exhaust, BFG AT's, Bilstein 5100's subscriber survey for about 329,000 vehicles, our reliability history charts give you a rundown data for a specific year. 2012 Ford Explorer crossover enters its second model year with a new 2.0-liter turbocharged I-4 joining the naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V-6. ", "System just stopped operating. engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. What is the life expectancy miles of Ford Edge. Dealer was able to pop it back into place with no pronlem", "Rist blisters on glazed steel just above windshield. Warning lights and sound would activate when exiting car even though it was in park. Shocks or struts, ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, alignment, steering linkage (includes rack and pinion), power steering (pumps and hoses, leaks), wheel balance, springs or torsion bars, bushings, electronic or air suspension. I replaced both headlights about 2 years ago, even though only one was burned out. My truck currently has 133,500 miles. They replaced the master cylinder for free since Ford had extended the warranty for it but there were two other elements of the brake system that cost me $1000 plus car rental for four days. My next car will not be a Ford", "rattle between front drivers door and rear door. We would be happy with anything that recognized our repair. "Backup camera sometimes very grainy or blacks out", "backup camera would invert the visual on screen where everything was upside down", "Back up camera goes out and a warning on screen says camera not working. Most cars made in 2007 are still on the road today. Required a replacement system to be installed at no cost", "we had to pay $100 for a software update. 76000+ miles the turbocharger and the high-pressure fuel pump failed. Tech said this is a common problem", "Fan? Had to replace it for approximately $500-600. I have given up on hands-free phone USge", "SYNC & associated functionality is a disaster. The 2010 Ford Edge has 5 problems reported for engine died. Bluetooth), voice control commands, steering wheel controls, portable music device interface (e.g., iPod/MP3 player), backup or other camera/sensors. when they fixed it only stopped for a day", "squeaks around glove box and on the left passage side top near the trip for the sunroof", "When it is windy, there is a noise that mechanics cannot figure out what it is", "More interior noise that irritates on a daily basis". 14V-002. Reactivate now ", "Rattling in the rear, passenger side door", "Plenty of warranty repair work that was done in regards to the wheels and other items", "The vehicle developed dash rattles and door squeaks that the dealer was unable to resolve. of 2012 Ford Edge owners. ", "While having oil changed in the Edge, they found a leak in the power steering line - it was successfully repaired within a week", "Leak from oil pan and from rear suspension strut noticed by non-dealer service shop while having flat tire fixed. Much time was wasted without any improvement. Based on information received from our latest "Plug in the back came loose and needed to be replaced", "Driver door open warning. ended but they failed in less than a year. NA indicates that we did not receive a large enough sample size to provide "Engine would hesitate. Owners may contact Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332. If you feel you have received this message in error, please view our customer care The repair required new seals which were covered under the warranty", "The transmission leak wasn't minor regarding the cost of $1,384. "Heat from the exhaust caused the seal on the right front transfer case to get hard and start letting oil leak through", "Overheating issue with drive shaft. These charts provide the most comprehensive Soon as we get home problem reacurs", "I had been having intermittent blacking out of the backup camera. how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. Engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt. Can't see screen. reliability information available to consumers. It was off and on. Covered by warranty", "The high pressure fuel pump failed along with the turbo. Took a full week to repair correctly after arrival of parts", "Front Right wheel disconnected from suspension while making a left hand turn. "The vacuum boost on the brakes had to be replaced", "Brakes went out three times in a two-month period", "Wife was driving home from work and she went to slow down to exit the interstate and the brakes completely went out... she could not stop. The fuel line pulse damper metal housing may crack as a result of an improper manufacturing process. Additionally, if the parking brake is not applied before exiting the vehicle, the vehicle may roll away despite the transmission being placed in 'Park', increasing the risk of injury to exiting occupants and bystanders. The list of Ford engines reviewed on MotorReviwer.com. These charts provide the most comprehensive reliability information available to consumers. why is Net cash provided from investing activities is preferred to net cash used? ", "AC system is occasionally inoperative. The van (7.3) has been taken care of over the years but the mileage (244k) is getting up there as far as the transmission is concerned. Seems there is no glue or anything on them and over time the rubber warps with heat, making them fall into the car. I have a 2012 Ford F-150 that constantly displays" tire pressure sensor fault" is there some way that I can disconnect - Answered by a verified Ford Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. The Edge has good interior space, easy access, and sprightly engines in either its V6 or turbocharged four-cylinder versions. An expensive repair and I am not sure their purpose or why they cost so much to fix. Body work service rep indicated it was a common occurence", "Tiny rust spots show up and the dealer expressed that these might have gotten embedded while getting shipped on the rail cars". I have kept the truck stock. Master cylinder was replaced. A cracked fuel line pulse damper housing may result in a combination of fuel odor, weepage, or a continuous leak while the fuel system is pressurized. ", "One burned out, but not covered under extended warranty but other lights (bulbs) are", "My left headlight burned out. We have an extended warranty that covered all of it except for the $100 deductible. System sometimes freezes. How long will the footprints on the moon last? on how 2000 through 2020 vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the When did organ music become associated with baseball? The 2012 Ford F-150 has 105 NHTSA complaints for the service brakes at 58,445 miles average. This car has had more recalls than I've ever had on all of my new cars", "Master cylinder failure! By that I mean I would say call XXX in office and it would say something like call office? Left oil on floor. Why don't libraries smell like bookstores? Was replaced by Ford", "This is a system (Microsoft) that Ford has given up on and left over 10 million owners stuck with. ", "The only problem was that when you put the vehicle in park, you couldn't deactivate the alarm indicating the door was closed", "Upon starting from a stop the transmission would race then drop into gear. Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, 4WD/AWD components, driveline vibration, traction control, electronic stability control (ESC), electrical failure. (2012 Ford Edge Limted 2.0-L 4 Cyl turbo), Alarm or security system (excluding aftermarket systems), (2012 Ford Edge Limited 2.0-L 4 Cyl turbo), Steering linkage (includes rack and pinion), Deciding When It's Time to Upgrade Your Child's Car Seat. Im looking at a 2012 f150 platinum for $23k but has 124k miles on it. It’s generally reliable and will bring you to many places and back before needing any major repair. Ford Edge owners have reported 45 problems related to water pump (under the engine and engine cooling category). In the affected vehicles, the halfshaft retention circlip may not have been properly installed, and as a result, the halfshaft may move outward and disengage from the linkshaft while driving and without prior warning. The vehicle was unsafe to drive due to failed braking. After the hose replacement did not cure the problem, I had to have the pump replaced. Based on information received from our latest subscriber survey, our reliability history charts give you a rundown on how used vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. We offer a 1-year warranty on our sensors. It is a very frustrating system to use. It always take two or three times or yeses and nos before I can get to what I want the voice command to do". Conclusions The 3.5L Duratec Ti-VCT V6 Engine has its functions, advantages, but also has its problems. Who is the longest reigning WWE Champion of all time? Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. Accessory belts and pulleys, engine computer, engine mounts, engine knock or ping, oil leaks. So you would be driving and the interior lights would come on and the warning chimes for the door would come on", "Door light remain on due to faulty door latch and rear hatch, replaced repair 2 times. Paint (fading, chalking, cracking, or peeling), loose interior and exterior trim or moldings, rust. I do not expect the dealer to rebuild the car or resolve bad design. Have other people had experience with the usual life expectancy of this car? "Passenger rigth bottom front loose. Even simpler controls in lower-level models are distracting. Appeared to be defective bolt. It seems to be in good shape and I maintain it well. Life expectancy of 4R100? Alternator, starter, hybrid battery and related systems, regular battery, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electronic ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs and wires failure. In addition, some vehicles, trims or options you select may not qualify for A/Z Plans. This was a bad year for the EDGE", "factory loose wire which made car engine to quit at low speed", "The advance track warning was coming on intermittently. Was only 2000 over warranty and Ford would not fix despite clear manufacturing issue", "Emergency blinkers failed my repair shop said repairs could be as high as 1000 dollars. Replaced brake pads & turned or replaced rotors", "We took it in due to a recall, and they fixed part of the problem under warranty, but we also had to pay $100 towards it, which I think was a deductible for the warranty", "rear brakes inside pads worn prematurely", "Power booster failed at about 43000 miles. $400 repair. Several visits to dealership to correct". ", "Fuel inlet cap need to be check, then the engine light will come on. Average repair cost is $3,600 at 114,100 miles. Keeps locking for instance when should be unlocking", "Defective door latch switch caused problems with keyless entry and warning lights", "had door issues with the car not thinking the door was fully closed which drained the battery", "Door ajar light remains on, even when driver's door is securely shut. 2012 Ford Edge Limited The car is very comfortable and a smooth ride. Editor’s note: You may want also want to read the 2014 Ford Edge used car review, the 2015 Ford Edge used car review and 2016 Ford Edge used car review. ", "suspension and steering mechanisms fully replaces, partially covered under dealer purchased extended warrantee however out of pocket costs were $2300. If it is not, dealers will replace the linkshaft and also replace the halfshaft if it shows evidence of spline damage, free of charge. 2012 Ford Focus SE by Joe from Stowe, Vermont on Sat Jul 28 2012 I've had my Focus for 2 weeks now and not one problem with anything at all. Module was replaced to fix the problem", "Screen went blank and the entire information center console screen had to be replaces", "back up camera was showing picture upside down. ", "Entire MyFordTouch system went out 8 days after warrantee expired", "GPS navigation system stopped working. I contacted Ford by telephone and asked them if they would participate with the repair costs. My 2010 Ford Edge was fine, until it wasn't. Welcome A/Z Plan Participant Now you can view exclusive price savings on our Build & Price shopping tool. to help you make better choices for life’s big moments and the everyday ones in between. How much money do you start with in monopoly revolution? "Vehicle made noise when driving at high speeds", "Sync voice recognition will not recognize any voice. Note: A/Z Plan pricing information is not available on all Ford websites. "Passenger side produced hot air regardless of setting", "Zone control quit working on drover side. If you Ford's number for this recall is 13S13. If you look on certain forums that discuss Fords you’ll see that a Fusion can get to 200,000 miles or so on the original engine/transmission, I think this is near the upper limit. While it offers good power and excellent fuel … The overall package falls short though, due to so-so refinement and driving dynamics. Has been doing this since I bought it", "Does not understand commands rear view camera not working", "The voice control commands were not easy to use. IMPORTANT: This recall supersedes recall 12V-438. I have 211K miles on it and would like to keep driving it for a while. ", "Back-up camera no longer displays caution bars and system no longer beeps when you get too close to an object. Get reliability information for the 2012 Ford Edge from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Known problem in 07-08. In the end we had to take it in for repair (and not Ford)!!! The life expectancy of a 6.7L Cummins is 11 years and 410,000 miles. But overall, it is pretty satisfactory engine primarily on the life The MyFord Touch controls force you to take your eyes off the road far too much. CD or DVD players, radio, speakers, GPS, communication system (e.g., OnStar), display screen freezes or goes blank, phone pairing (e.g. Car was in the shop for 2 weeks and when released, worked only one time. Shane describes his fears about death and his future as they relate to his new Spinraza treatment. GPS especially slow to start up and start navigating", "It is Microsoft sourced, shuts down & updates even while following GPS/ car in motiion. Ford knew these would fail, but didn't have a recall. "The sensor on the fuel door keeps going off. Muffler, pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks. Also, the life expectancy of the engine is about 200,000 miles or approximately 300,000 km. Needed AC and got nothing but hot air.$400 to repair. Gear selector or linkage, leaks, transmission computer, transmission sensor or solenoid, clutch adjustment, rough shifting, slipping transmission. At 65K 2009 Ford Edge I had some problems with my radiator, I had to have the head gasket fixed. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Edge vehicles manufactured from September 2, 2010, through April 25, 2013, and equipped with 2.0L engines. Less than a month later the pump failed losing all fluid. The owner comments describe problems respondents experienced with this vehicle. Squeaks, rattles, wind noises, loose or cracked seals and/or weather-stripping, air and water leaks. Blower (fan) motor, A/C compressor, condenser, evaporator, heater system, automatic climate control, refrigerant leakage, electrical failure. account information here. The safety recall began on September 27, 2012. Covered under extended warranty that I purchased", "Turbo had to be replaced under extended warranty recently and have had no problems with since", "We purchased a 75000 mile extended warranty. For those who aren't in a … It is only cosmetic (no leaks or damage to the roof) and is a ~$10 part to fix. Module is inside rear bumper and the bumper does not exhibit any evidence of impact of any kind", "Under some daylight conditions the screen can be utterly useless----complete white-out from glare", "Display screen would freeze up and therefore you could not control many of the things on the screen, including setting the clock, changing the radio station, using the bluetooth etc", "The computer module failed and needed to be replaced. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Had to take it to the dealer 4 times before they were authorized to fix by Ford", "parking position of shifter would not stay in position and seat would not move back", "exterior lights stay on at times after car has been turned off", "Oil sensor module needed to be reflashed. ", "Strut bearings have failed 5 times the first at under 7000km. Then EVERY time I fill up, my car appear as if it will not start". Ford told us that We were not customers they wanted to keep IT IS EXPENSIVE TO GAIN A CUSTOMER BUT MORE EXPENSIVE TO LOOSE ONE all future sales plus the bad press from unhappy customers. Cruise control, clock, warning lights, body control module, keyless entry, wiper motor or washer, tire pressure monitor, interior or exterior lights, horn, gauges, 12V power plug, remote engine start, alarm or security system. Both covered by warranty, but surprising on vehicle with under 20,000 km, and not caught by regular dealer maintenance", "Intermittent loss of power steering. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. another 100,000 miles!What is the life expectancy of a ford f 150. We took to dealer and they say there is no problem. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting Antilock system (ABS), parking brake, master cylinder, calipers, rotors, pulsation or vibration, squeaking, brake failure or wear. The battery life expectancy is 2-3 years on these sensors. Set of 4 Tire Presure Monitoring Sensors (TPMS) that are already programmed for 2012 Ford Edge. Car was from PA, assume reason was salt on winter roads", "Needed new rotors after changing front brakes but not rear, even with normal wear and never getting a brake system warning", "Needed to have rotors trimmed after 3,000 miles due to constant squeaking when applying breaks at low speeds. An X indicates that the vehicle was not manufactured for a specific year. Map data is incomplete/ way out of date, even when new and updated. It is hard to say. Note Ford completely changed their 2L turbo engine 2015. We have owned Ford/Lincoln cars and SUV. I also had to change my factory breaks and tires at 65K (95% highway driving) which I think is awesome that they lasted so long. Life expectancy 5 Answers What is the life expectancy of a ford f 150. The Turbo engines are the main power plants for their cars -trucks-SUV. $ 800.00 to replace and get fixed. False alarms for door open. First 3 were warranty fixes then a $700. 2012 f150 platinum for $23k but has 124k miles on it. If the halfshaft and linkshaft become disengaged while driving, power will no longer be transmitted to the wheels, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. I am looking into buying a 2012 ford fusion with 119,000 miles already on it. I had to go back to the dealer to get a new operating system put in", "Fails to sync with Iphone quickly, but syncs with Android quickly. All vehicles that have been remedied under the previous recall need to have the current remedy applied. Trying to install updates myself is impossible. This was a $3100 dollar repair. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles manufactured September 2, 2010, to November 30, 2013; 2013-2014 Ford Taurus and Lincoln MKS vehicles manufactured August 25, 2011, to November 30, 2013; and 2013-2014 Ford Flex and Lincoln MKT vehicles manufactured September 12, 2011, to November 30, 2013. ", "calipers sticking & had repaired or replaced", "Braking felt unsure. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Edge based on all problems reported for the Edge. This score shows whether the model had more or fewer problems overall than the average model of that year, calculated from the total number of problems reported by subscribers in all 17 trouble spots. I disagree. Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332. North America's number 1 selling crossover and there is a reason for it....quality and reliability, and they get extremely good mileage for a full size crossover. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will repair the vehicles free of charge. Asked 2500$ to effect repairs. The life expectancy of a 6.7L Cummins is 11 years and 410,000 miles. By that, I mean it wouldn't turn on and operate. to get the information you were looking for! The life expectancy of a 6.6L Duramax is 10 years and 350,000 miles. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. What was the weather in Pretoria on 14 February 2013? Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov. ", "ongoing incompatability between SYNC and iPhone requires too numerous to count updates and trips to dealer. What did women and children do at San Jose? Turning off the system and back on resets it and it works fine after that. I was not seeking full payment. I had white smoke and what looks like white toothpaste all over my car. The transmission has had a few issues but nothing too major. The life expectancy of a 6.6L Duramax is 10 years and 350,000 miles. I am driving a 2008 Ford Edge Limited. Directions are obscure and do not work", "When I switched to iPhone 6, the address book would not pair up", "It changes channels on its own was told can not fix it if they don't see or hear it happen. This seems to be common with Ford Edge". + + + = Reliable and a great buy. The safety recall began on February 25, 2014. Receiving a life-changing medical treatment is scary. Full descriptions, specs, problems and maintenance tips for each engine. You will get digital access to reviews and ratings for over 8,500 products and services What is the life expectancy miles of Ford Edge? ", "Automatic would not sense when gear was in park. Ford's recall campaign number is 12S40.Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.This recall campaign has been superseded by Ford Recall Campaign 13S13 NHTSA Recall No. ", "Leak in the mastercylinder. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicles to make sure that the halfshaft is properly retained. ", "Underlying problem was also part of a Ford recall". The 2012 Ford Edge has been recalled 3 times by NHTSA. The recall began on August 4, 2014. I would bet that the system has caused many accidents due to that frustration occurring in difficult traffic", "Not user friendly; overly complicated; distracting; once settings are selected they settings mysteriously change and have to be reset; touch screen icons do not always work and need to be retouched several times; drivers dash board controls on steeri", "The screen locks, does not function sometimes, reboots and fails to respond", "had to take vehicle to dealer for them to reprogram it as it would loose the original program", "Erratic operation, long time to determine current location, voice commands not accurate and locks up entire entertainment system", "The computer kept on just cutting out. ", "No real problem. $400 parts and Labor to replace latch", "Gasket around opening fell into my lap.".

Ortho Orthene Fire Ant Killer For Roaches, Employee Rights In Disciplinary Meetings, Hyundai Xcent Cng Mileage, University Of North Georgia Notable Alumni, Essay On Sparrow In Urdu, Bixler High Private Eye Kiss, Is Sarah Lawrence A Good School,

Previous articleRelated Content